Expand Your Knowledge:
Take a Training or Educational Course to Support Your Patients Living with COPD
- Complete the free, one hour, on-demand training, Ask, Advise, Refer to Quit Don’t Switch. This training is based on the CDC’s Ask, Advise, Refer brief intervention model.
- Become as a Freedom From Smoking Facilitator to help your patient end their additional to tobacco.
- Attend a COPD Educator Course to learn guidelines-based care while earning continuing education credits.
- Explore our Spirometry Training resources to learn how to conduct and interpret spirometry results.
Connect Your Patients to COPD Resources and Education:
- Attend a LUNG FORCE Expo to learn updates in COPD and lung disease management while earning continuing education credits.
- Become a trained facilitator for Better Breathers Clubs or Breathe Well Live Well, and offer educational programming to help your patients breathe easier.
- Direct your patients to in-person and online support groups and learning opportunities:
- Attend a Better Breathers Club—support groups for adults with chronic lung disease.
- Encourage patients to join the Better Breathers Network, which is a nationwide, online patient support program providing direct access to education, support and connection to others also living with chronic lung disease.
- Refer your patient to our Freedom From Smoking cessation program to help them quit for good.
- Join our Living with COPD online community at Inspire for peer-to-peer support from others also living with COPD.
- Call, email or chat with a health professional at our free call center, the Lung HelpLine.
Stay Informed and Join the Fight:
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: August 27, 2021